Tuesday, April 16, 2013

PLASTIC BOTTLE FLOWERS, BAMBOO AND MINI LIGHTS UPCYCLED

I an referring to the large one on the right.  I know this picture does not do this justice
at all.  I could not capture the whole bamboo because it was too tall for the distance I
was standing.  I captured a little over 1/2 of the pole.

Hi everyone.  Yes I am still making pretty flowers out of plastic bottles.  It seems like the more I make, the more creative I become, and the flowers get prettier and prettier.  I bought these 72" bamboo sticks/poles for the garden at the dollar store.  They were to thick to cut them down as stems like I normally do.  Ha ha, I would need a saw for that one.  Anyway, I imagined mini tree lights wrapped around this stick with flowers.

Well, that's exactly what I did.  I guess there is no need to explain how.  However, for those of you who are new here and to my work, I have a tutorial in the first post in this blog showing how I make these flowers out of various bottles.


I generally use water bottles, soda bottles, big and small.  Ketchup bottles make beautiful flowers, as do vinegar and peanut butter bottles. As long as it is plastic and can soften into shape, it's possible. It's a challenge for me.  With the exception of water and soda bottles,  I do not cut the plastic bottle until I usually know what kind of flower I am going to make.  I see it or imagine it  in my mind first, then I can move forward.

I used my favorite Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Inks.  You can find them in sets of three different colors, cheapest online. Nice huh.  Trust me with all the alcohol inks I use, I do look for the cheapest deal.  This week, it's the link below:)



Okay, since I couldn't give you a clear picture, or the whole project with this large 72 inch pole, I thought I could show you what the flowers look like.  They're really pretty.  I just need to find a good home for this Flower Bamboo Light Pole.

I used larger glitter bits  for this one.  Gold.
Alcohol Inks really make it happen
Adirondack Alcohol Inks work great on glass, metals, and
plastic.  They are transparent, non toxic when dry.
And it's permanent inks.
I love those Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Inks.
Another addition to my flowers is that I added more that one layer.  Some flowers even have three layers.  It just adds to it's beauty.  Also I found that bottle-caps fit very well in the center.  However, I add glue first then glitter, let it dry before I add a one inch circle resin cap that fits in the bottle cap.  It's not necessary but does make it prettier. I then glue the bottle cap to the flower.  And that's about it.

I am closing for now, but I will be right back with another post I am excited to share with you.  Meanwhile feel free to share this, like this or pin this please. So till then, stay safe, have fun crafting, and many blessings.

Sincerely,

Mary Helen


No comments:

Post a Comment