Sunday, April 21, 2013

JACK IN THE BOX PLASTIC CUP FLOWER

Here's a quick and easy flower Sofia my favorite 5 1/2 year old made with my help.  I love her like a granddaughter, and she loves me like a Nana.  I never get to see my own grandchildren, so the Lord sends me little angels like Sofie and her mom.  Anyway, I am always looking for projects we can do together when she comes to visit me.

I will keep this short, as I think the pictures suffice as a tutorial.

Here is a large JACK IN THE BOX  plastic soda cup. that I washed and cut as shown.

I clipped each end to give it a pointy tip.  Actually I don't think it was necessary.
Using a  hot glue gun I glued the first petal in the middle of the bottom of the cup
I continued to glue each petal behind the other one until each petal was glued.


This is what the backside should look like when you are done.


And this is the front side.  All white.  See Jack peeking out.


I quickly stained it with semi home-made alcohol inks.  Tumeric soaked in
alcohol does adhere to plastic with it's staining properties.  I then added 1/2
bottle of Adirondack Alcohol Inks in yellow.
Now it's Little Ms. Sofie's turn.  I did the cutting and gluing.  Sofie got to paint it.  She really got into it watching the alcohol inks bleed.  She was amazed, and felt like a true artist with her gloves and mask on.

Sofie is a busy little bee having so much fun.  And I had fun watching her.
She's so proud if her flower.  I glued this on a stick for her, and she took it home to mommy.  Oh, btw, her mommy is a professional make up artist/model, so Sofie "modeled" the flower automatically as soon as the camera came out.  So cute.
Well, it's late, or early morning, and I have to get some sleep.  Just thought I'd share this cute project we made together. I hope you like this short tutorial.  Please, feel free to share by clicking on a share link at the bottom of the page.Thanks for stopping by, and know YES WE CAN make our world just a little bit brighter.  Especially with all that is going on around.  Anyway, Many Blessings, and goodnight.

Sincerely,

Mary Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment