Monday, April 8, 2013

3 FOOT TALL PLASTIC AND LIQUOR BOTTLE TABLE LAMP

Here I upcycled plastic soda bottles, and a large 1.75 liquor bottle.  With the flowers and
the twigs, and flowers, this table lamp stands about 3 feet tall.  It definitely makes a statement.
My neighbor Mike upstairs came to my rescue when I sent out a bulletin for bottles so I can have something to upcycle into something pretty.  He has given me some really nice bottles in the past.  I thought it would be appropriate to give him one of his own bottles that I upcycled just for him, with a bouquet of my plastic upcycled soda flowers. Besides he has no idea what I do with them.

Again I used my plastic flowers that I cleaned, cut, stained with my alcohol inks, then melted into a variety of shapes with a candle. I attached them to some tall bamboo sticks which I picked up from Home Depot. I glued them with the hot glue gun. I added a twig which I purchased from Michaels.  Now my bouquet is done.

Now to install my mini tree lights I bought online as they are not in season.

A close up view of my plastic soda bottle flowers.  However, this picture does not do the flowers any
justice.  You can't really see the brilliant colors.  Too bad. The alcohol inks are amazing aren't they?  See
the light at the top? I wrapped the mini tree lights around the bamboo stems so the lights go all the way up.
They no longer "sag" at the bottom of the bottle.
Using my drill and a glass/tile drill bit. I slowly drilled a hole big enough to insert my mini tree lights. I decided to keep the original label on the bottle for this project since it was going to a home where a guy  can appreciate the bottle. Only thing is, I forgot to add the rubber grommets where I drilled the hole to protect the cord.  Now I know. Next time.
You should have seen his face when I gave it to him.  He lit up:)

Anyway, that's about it. I think this upcycled plastic flowers in a lamp liquor bottle came out great. I just had to share. Remember to see the first post for instructions on how I make my flowers. If you are interested. Pin it, share it and come on back. Till the next time...many blessings.

Sincerely,

Mary Helen







No comments:

Post a Comment