Sunday, April 21, 2013

3 Foot Plastic Bottle Flower Arrangements

This is my 3 foot plastic bottle flower arrangements that I have put together using twigs
and a cute glitter butterfly  that I picked up at the dollar store.  So far everyone who
see's it falls in awe.  I am getting ready for Mother's day by making bouquet/arrangements.
Folks, they make great gifts as they are forever flowers.  They will never die and needs no watering.
Furthermore, a very easy way to make some money!
Hi Everyone,

 Just wanted to share what I did with some of the plastic bottles I up-cycled into flowers.  The flowers alone are absolutely stunning.  However, I felt they needed something extra to complete this bouquet.  Baby's breath was too delicate and would be messy.  They would not withstand time like the flower.  Instead, I bought these sturdy twigs at my local craft store.  They were $8.00 for a small bunch.  I was able to use this one bunch of twigs to make three arrangements.  I sure wish I had my old back yard where I had access to all the free twigs I needed.  Oh well, If you are lucky and have access to free twigs, drying and  painting them would make a great addition for your flower arrangements.

Same flower arrangement, just another view reflecting a nice
artistic statement by a large scenic window.


Same arrangement, just showing the clear
glass vase.  I partially filled it withgreen flat glass
marbles.  The marbles hold the flowers
upright and look nice too.
If you are interested in learning how I make these flowers using plastic water, soda, vinegar, peanut butter, and even ketchup bottles, check my first post on this blog  There you will find out how I cut the bottles with scissors, shape the plastic by hand using heat gently from a candle.  I use my favorite permanent Adirondack Alcohol Inks to paint them.  Why Alcohol Inks?  Because I love the way they bleed with other colors just enough to give it that "stained glass/blown glass effect".

 I have essential tremors so when my tremors allow me to work, I paint.  Because I tremor, and it progresses with age, using alcohol inks allows for errors.  When I get ink in the wrong spot, it bleeds and just gives it character.  Lol.  I love it!

 I also use bottle caps that I painted, or stuffed with polymer. I even add glue and glitter to some of the bottle caps.  I finish that by adding a resin cap.  This is really awesome and just adds to the stained glass effect. That's another post coming up soon.

Once you make the bouquet, a nice ribbon wrapped around the stems would also make a great gift.  Don't you think? I think I ran out of ribbon, but those were my attentions.

Note to self:  Add ribbon to supply list.  Check.
Another simple but pretty arrangement.   I noticed they look similar to the flowers above.
I added a few dried filler leaves and curly sticks to this flower arrangement..
  I just want to give you an example of what you can do with these flowers.
See we can beautify this world one bottle at a time.
What makes these flowers stunning besides me shaping each leaf, is the Adirondack Alcohol Inks. They are permanent, and have a shiny transparent color that makes the plastic look like stained glass.  These pictures do not do justice for these flowers.  Trust me.  They are stunning!  I recently traded flowers to my local pharmacy for a good trade.  They were in awe.  So was I.  Not only for the trade.  But the fact that knowing my work is going on display here on Hollywood Boulevard near Vine, in Hollywood, California.  Lots of traffic there so lots of folks get to see it.  The fact that they were pretty enough for the owners to want them to display in their shop is a blessing. This makes me very happy camper.

Below is a link for the Adirondack Alcohol inks. www.samsclub.com.  Like I said before, they are the cheapest anywhere. I use a lot of ink, so I usually shop around looking for the best deal.  If you find a cheaper spot, let me know please.


This is the great link I was telling you about.

Well that's about it, I need to finish up another post about a McDonalds cup.  Yes, I made a flower out of it.  I will post that soon.  It was such a fun project for my favorite 5 1/2 year old friend Sofie. Actually, she's my friends daughter whom I love like my own granddaughter.  Anyway, thank you for visiting and feel free to share, by clicking one of the links below.

Imagine how pretty the world would be if we could see some more pretty tinted flowers, instead of landfills.  If you have any questions, ask away.  Any comments are appreciated too.  And if you do something creative...do tell.  Let me know how and what you did.  After all, sharing is caring right. Till the next...STAY SAFE and Many Blessings.

Sincerely,

Mary Helen











No comments:

Post a Comment