Wednesday, January 23, 2013

RECYCLED BATHROOM ACCESSORIES MADE WITH 2 LITER SODA BOTTLES.

I'm still recycling plastic bottles into flowers, but last night I made them with a different flair. I didn't quite take the molding to a flower stage as I decided I needed a napkin holder for my bathroom. So I went with the bathroom accessory containers in mind. It still amazes me how pretty they come out. I even put some on a pedestal.  Again, besides the recycled bottles, it took Adirondack Alcohol Inks, a good pair of scissors, and a candle.   I'm so excited I just had to share.

My candle holder with a battery operated tea-light made using the top of a 2 liter bottle.  The pedestal is a bottom of a small water bottle.  I just love the effects of blown glass that the alcohol inks gives.
My paper towel holder made out of an entire 2 liter bottle.  Top and bottom

Soap dish made with the bottom of a 2 liter bottle.  No more soggy soap.  The "legs" keep the soap from sitting in the water.  Also makes a cute candy dish.
Toothbrush holder made out of the bottom portion of a 2 liter bottle.





Another 2 liter bottle bottom made into a small bowl perfect for small accessories
And here is my complete set.  I don't know about you, but I have not seen anything like these accessories in any store in
town.   I love the effects of Adironback Alcohol Inks.  You just never know exactly how it is going to come out.  I do know that the more ink you use, the more like blown glass it will look..

Anyway, it is important  for us to recycle all this junk that would take up a lot of land space for a very long time. My cousin collects and recycles, but when she saw what I was doing, well she thought it was best that I have them.  Boy, was I glad.  115 plastic bottles all in my little kitchen and from one household.  Trust me, just these bottles alone took up a lot of space.  Perhaps it was just a months collection.  There were 88 small water bottles too.  The more populated our world becomes, the more waste is produced, so we will need more waste land, along with more space for the overly populated areas  Sad because it can definitely recycle into something usable.  Too many bottles do not make the recycle bin at all..just the landfills.

 I think why not beautify our surroundings with all that wasted trash.  If we don't recycle for us in out time.  Do it for the next generation, our little loved ones.  By the way the ink is on the outside only.  I do use it for food as long as the food is cold like candy, chips, yogurt or ice cream.  Definitely do not heat or use any heated food like soup etc. One other note I forgot to mention, is they are so much sturdier now, then when they were 2 liter soda bottles,  Yay, I am so impressed. If you are interested in how I made these accessories, just go the my home page and find the instructions there.  If you like this page, please share.  You have my permission to pin it, tweet or or share with a group project..  It is a lot of fun, and so beautiful to see it form right before your very eyes.

So till the next, thanks for dropping by and recycle folks.  Just do it.  Many blessings.
Sincerely,

Mary Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment