Wednesday, April 17, 2013

5 FOOT FLOWER MOBILE FROM PLASTIC BOTTLES


Hi again everyone.  I told you I would be back soon.  Well, I made this 5 foot hanging mobile early February.  I am just now getting ready to post it.  I've been either busy or unable.  Thank God, today I am able.

Today I am sharing with you this mobile I made. I used one top of a two liter soda bottle and nine bottoms of small water bottles.  You can use as many as you like but 5 feet is tall enough for me.  Besides, my cat Cisco would get tangled up.  Funny because he loves to play with it, especially since it is right over an air vent.  It twinkles for him, and taunts him.  But he is kind with it...it's still hanging.

I also used small silver fired glass beads that really sparkle when the light hits it. I bought them online from Fire Mountain Gems.com I strung them on hemp cord.  Trust me that was not an easy task.  (Note to self, try fishing line).  I cut nine pieces of hemp cord, each one approximately 6 inches longer than the previous one to get this spiral effect.  I hung a flower at the end of each cord.

To see how I make these flowers please go to my home page and see my first post here.  Anyway after I molded each flower over a candle, I painted them by hand using my favorite Adirondack Alcohol Inks.   I carefully glued a small but bright LED light at the base, making sure not to glue it closed.  It's a screw on, screw off switch which makes it real easy to turn on or off...if your 6 feet tall.  So far I haven't figured that one out yet.  I need to make one that has a reachable switch.  Especially since I am a whopping 5'2 stretching it.  LOL

Well that's it, I'm done for the evening.  I just had to share.  If you have any  questions or comments. PLEASE feel free to ask away.  I am here to share, and see we can make pretty things out of junk that might have never made a recycle bin.  Don't forget to like or share this whichever way you can.  Together we can help recycle those plastic bottles, and beautify your neighborhood.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and to you I say...many blessings.

Sincerely,

Mary Helen

Here is a close up of the top base.  Perhaps I should call it the bottom of a soda bottle.


A close up of the small water bottle bottoms.





Cisco the cat::)







No comments:

Post a Comment