Saturday, February 2, 2013

A NEW SERVING DISH MADE OUT A RECYCLED CONTAINER

I've been really having fun making my flowers out of bottles,  So anything different would be a challenge for me.  I thought I'd give this old Trader Joes Biscotti container that I first used to store my dried chillies for about a year. However, for the past month it stored all my alcohol ink containers so I saw it daily. Well, my ink supply had multiplied so I moved my inks to a larger container.

So I cut the rim. I usually ink after I cut, but not when I am not sure of the outcome. So I decided to mold it with a candle prior to painting. I don't want to waste any of my Adirondack Alcohol inks on something that might not come out well.

This old container has been around the house for a while now.
Time for a make over!


This is what it looked like after I cut it with scissors, and carefully
shaped it witha candle.  It's pretty sooty and so are my hands.  So I wash
off as much as I can.with dish soap and a sponge.  You want to make
sure there is nothing stopping the alcohol inks from adhering to the paint.
You will see the missed spots in the final wash.




And this is the result of using Adirondack Alcohol Inks.  I used black, then
the red, gray and red again.  Make sure each layer is dry before you add
another layer.  You don't want smudges.  Don't worry, these inks
 dry very fast.

Well I usually make more than one of the same color to make sets. So I'm off but I shall return with a more in depth picture tutorial on how I mold and paint these pieces.
Till then, many blessings.

Sincerely,

Mary Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment