Tuesday, March 26, 2013

UP-CYCLED PLASTIC SODA BOTTLE NOW A FLOWER NIGHT LIGHT

So far, here is the final outcome for this pretty flower today...my new night night.  What a dramatic effect these alcohol inks give on my wall with these tiny led balloon/lantern lights.  Actually, I am just testing it, as I am putting it up for sale on Etsy.  Wish me luck, I always need supplies:)

The flower made using a 2 liter soda bottle, and the leaf out of a small soda bottle.
 I added the cross, with the message..."I can do all things through Jesus Christ
who strengthens me.  Phil.4:13  I plan on putting this in a clear vase
with mini tree lights.
I made this flower sometime last month out of the top of a 2 liter soda bottle.  It is prettier in person.  It is a lot bigger than my usual up-cycled flowers. But I was going for big.  I stained it purple using my alcohol inks.and there it sat in a corner in my room, for a month.  However, I was waiting for the right bottle to make the right stem or leaf. My flower was way too big to put on a stick. I was thinking more like in a vase with lights. Easter is around the corner, and being that I had accidentally purchased this cross from the dollar store, I was showing a friend one of my favorite bible verses. She thought I wanted it and put it in my basket. Anyway, I thought it quite appropriate for what I wanted...an Easter Centerpiece for my table that would reflect something of what Easter is about. Jesus Christ. After all, to me, once again, Jesus is the reason for the season.

I found this smaller soda bottle with some nice texture. so I thought it would go nice with my purple flower.This time I used the bottom of the bottle.  I stained it different shades of greens again using my Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Inks.  What I like about these inks, is a little goes a long way.  And you get a really nice stained glass effect.  Me and my Adirondack Alcohol Inks equals one happy camper.

Ok don't laugh, I am not using this small glass. I feel like Cinderella's step sister trying to stuff this big flower into this small bowl.  Lol. If the bowl was bigger, it would work.  I was going for big and dramatic.  It's not there yet.
I glued them together, but I still don't have a clear glass vase wide enough to hold this big flower. I think a fishbowl would be nice. I could lay this piece on a bed of mini tree lights. Of course i would have to drill a hole in the bowl to install the lights. What do you think?

Really, it's so easy to make. I was thinking of a lotus flower budding, but the leaf is not a lotus at all. So it's my hybrid plastic flower, half lotus, and the other half cactus. Lol. Anyway please share so others too can recycle and up-cycle in a fun way.

Well I'm happy with this flower. I just need the bowl, so till then, Many blessings, and thanks for letting me be of service.  Come back soon:)

Sincerely,

Mary Helen

What I love about my new night light, is that it does have a dramatic effect without the glass bowl I had hoped this flower to be in.  Oh well, I am quite happy with this light. This is because the alcohol inks are transparent, and I added three small led battery operated lantern lights.  I just dropped them in.  Nice effect they give on my bathroom wall.  Looks like I have a bunch of chiffon floating on one corner of my walls.







No comments:

Post a Comment